Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Read patient instructions from Dr. Greenberg. Call our office in Midtown NYC if you need assistance:
Address & Phone Phone Number 212-319-9700.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. Please call our office for current COVID-19 related office protocols: Address & Phone Phone Number 212-319-9700
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the office – call us instead: Address & Phone Phone Number 212-319-9700
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Greenberg prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Choose the button below to download a printable version of these instructions:
Post-Operative Information & Instructions
These forms are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed on your computer, you may download Acrobat Reader for free and use it to access these forms.